Do you view the gospel as too good to be true?
Are you captured by this amazing love?
Have we become numb to amazing things because we have seen everything, heard everything, and don’t need to learn anything new?
Can the gospel be new to me?
Can I learn something new about this God that I have known and studied for a long time?
Wondern Awe is a creative endeavor of encouraging one another to have a bigger vision of who God is. Jack Miller said that we needed to preach the gospel to ourselves everyday. We believe we need to create time and space for this habit to form.
Brene Brown writes, “We are born makers. We move what we are learning from our heads, to our hearts, through our hands.”
As educators and artists, we find that the process of creating something with your hands naturally lends itself to this daily gospel preaching.
We believe we can achieve head to heart movement through intentional practices.
Some of the practices we use at our retreats:
- an interactive journal that lends to meditative simple coloring and scripture writing
- structured creative processing activities that will leave you encouraged, comforted, and stretched by Jesus
- structured Scripture based prayer to quiet the mind and fill it with truth
We currently offer these thematic retreat packages:
- ABIDE: Jesus said, “I AM the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.”
- DRAWN TO THE LIGHT: Jesus said, “I AM the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.””
- BREAD + WINE: Jesus said, “I AM the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never become hungry, and whoever believes in me will never become thirsty.”
- BRANDED: Jesus said, “I AM the Good Shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. “